Happy Monday!!! Today’s Monday feature is one of my dear friends from high school, Monique. Monique has a passion for videograpy and motherhood. Monique never let her past define her as a woman and overcame many obstables in her life. Please feel free to contact her if you are interested in videography.
1. When did your passion for videography started?
My passion for videography manifested deeper in 10th grade, 2002. I just love the art of telling a story and being able to put it together visually. I remember being sooo distraught because in Highschool, you could not start taking TV Studio classes until 11th grade lol. In the mean time, i’d film skits with friends and all of my English class projects would be in the form of a video.
2. You are a mother and business woman, how have you been able to balance it?
Definitely not easy. However, I’d say putting God in the forefront DAILY, praying for strength, planning ahead and having a good support system has been the key.
3. Was there ever any past pain you have overcame and what caused you to move forward?
Ohhhhh yes. 2 things:
1) I did not have my mother growing up due to drug use, so being the only girl with 5 brothers was a challenge.
2) I suffered from some serious Clinical Depression in 2006 and then again 2007 after the birth of my daughter and a breakup from my child’s father. What helped me move forward was PRAYER. I had many people praying on my behalf, great friends in my corner and just knowing that now I had a daughter to live for and did not want to repeat the motherless cycle
4 Who is your greatest inspiration?
Hands down-my father. That man has been a mother, father, sister, brother to me. His work ethic is amazing and his love for his children is indescribable.
5. If you could work with any producer in the world who would it be and why?
I like Anthony Mandlers Videography. He does a lot of music videos. I also love Spike Lee (not only because he is a die hard knicks fan) but his passion and message of his films are amazing.
6. How would you describe your line of work?
I wear many hats so i’d describe it under the umbrella of an Entrepreneur. I love business, building, planning, teaching, coaching, motivating. I’m currently an assistant General Manager of a hotel and also own a video production company which primarily focuses on weddings. Marriage is a covenant by God and I enjoy being able to creatively capture such special moments.
7. What’s your favorite scripture?
This one sets the tone for my day:
“‘Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
10 your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
11 Give us today our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation,[a]
but deliver us from the evil one” Mathew 6:9-13
Monique may be reached visa social media and her business page