Today, I am excited to present the Lady of The Day feature’ Princess also known as Coach P. We met several years ago via BBM prayer chat line and have built a great friendship since then. I have seen her passion for nutrition and helping others maintain a healthy lifestyle. I hope you all are inspired by her story. XOXO
1. What lead to your passion of becoming a holistic nutritionist?
Definitely my family’s health history. For years my family struggled with diabetes, hypertension, heart disease and even cancer. I always knew God placed healing power in whole foods but I never knew the extinct until my mom was diagnosed with cancer. I always thought healthy eating had a huge impact on healthy living but wasn’t aware of how necessary it was. My mom was diagnose with stage 4 gastric cancer. She had faith in God and changed her diet- no radiation or chemo, just her faith and real food. Needless to say, 9 years later my mom is here, HEALTHY and CANCER-FREE. That sparked my passion to learn and share what I continuously learn with the world.
2. What are some basic healthy tips one can follow while living on a budget?
1. Go grocery shopping on Wednesdays. That’s when the weekly sales began and they still honor the previous week’s sale.
2. Also shop alone, with a full stomach. You’re less likely to splurge. Impulse shopping will definitely empty your pockets.
3. Shop in the outskirts of the super market. Buy cheap proteins like eggs and beans. But frozen fruits and veggies. They’re just as nutritious.
4. Buy in bulk.
5. Stay active. Dancing, walking, jogging are all free ways to stay in shape.
3. Were there any challenges you faced during your pursuit of living a healthy lifestyle?
My biggest challenge was/is time management. It’s almost impossible to live a serene life when you are all over the place. Chaos is the leading cause of stress. I’m learning to say no. Coach P. can’t do and be everything to everybody. I’m learning to let God be God.
4. Aside from being a nutritionist, what are some things you are passionate about?
I am passionate about women’s health and how we see ourselves spiritually, mentally, emotionally, physically and sexually. Oh and I love fashion and beauty products! I enjoy sports and comic books as well.
5. What has been some of your greatest accomplishments in your career?
Every time a client, reader or supporter tell me I inspired them to do better, be better. I win. Also, anytime I’m asked to partner with a NPO or like-minded brand I feel blessed and honored. Being chose to work on the First Lady’s let’s move campaign was pretty awesome!
6. What is your favorite scripture?
I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth. (Psalms 121:1, 2 KJV) and all of Psalms 121.
Coach P can be reached via personal profile:
Coach P’s blog:
IG, Twitter and Facebook username: